July 22 - 26 On-Site at SouthWoods Center, Minnesota, USA
Advanced Permaculture Designer Certification
with Professional Development Emphasis.
Thinking seriously about permaculture as a profession or a lifestyle?
This is the course for you. Taught by professional designers living the principles and ethics of Permaculture on progressively self-sustaining homesteads. Learn and study in a warm and reflective setting of SouthWoods with designated work spaces, drafting tools, digital and library resources, and the Natural Capital Plant Database.
This is an internationally certified Permaculture Designer Certification Course.
This a minimum of 72+ hours of instruction by approved instructors delivering the designer curriculum of Bill Mollison, the founder of Permaculture, and guided by the standards of the Permaculture Research Institute. Plus an emphasis on design skills for strategy and planning your landscape.
Included in the 10 day course is:
- 72+ hours of intensive instruction
- Large work spaces and professional tools
- Light breakfast, lunch and classroom snacks provided
Benefits of a SouthWoods PDC:
- -Small class sizes (12 max.) with like minded classmates
-Complete topical presentations with exercises and tasks
-All documentation and a binder for notes and further study
-Paper and a carrying tube for personal designs when you leave.
-A one year full access to the Natural Capital Plant Database
-Personal consultations and advanced topics upon request.
-Personal research opportunities and reading assignments
- -Tours of local permaculture sites and nurseries.
-Hand-on construction of human powered mechanisms.
-Nightly DVD presentations and camp fires (optional)
- -Quiet study areas and natural spaces of solitude
-The Designer Manual, process guides, site assessment tools, and materials will be supplied.
Course Materials: 125 page course binder and notes will be supplied for reference.
Early bird participants paying fully by check will receive the Bill Mollison book "Permaculture, A Designers Manual" $104.00 value, free.
Meals & Lodging: See bottom of page
. . .
Important information about this course
Course hours: 9AM - 4PM
Monday to Friday (15 minutes break in morning and afternoon, and 45 minute lunch break).
Lodging and Meals options:
- There are many local hotels and AirBNBs close by.
- Sleeping space is available (FCFS) in the lodge at $30/night.
- Camping and tenting sites are $10/night. Includes shower and facilities.
- Breakfast and Lunch are served on-site. Dinner is self or group arranged.
- Mollison's Designer Manual, Integrated Forest Gardening,
- Principles of Ecological Landscape Design, and Edible Forest Gardens.
All prices are in US dollars. A minimum non-refundable (though transferable) $250 deposit is required at the time of booking. The balance is due 14 days prior to the course start date. Check preferred. Fully paid reservations will take priority as seats fill.