Short Term, On-Site Co- Instructor, Event Manager, and Design Apprentice.
SouthWoods is looking for an experienced and educated individuals with high energy. The positions entail managing the existing workshop operations and assisting in developing additional site courses and resources. The selected individual will also be instrumental in implementing a PRI Master Plan, assisting in permaculture workshops, site assessments, design, and implementation. Some travel requiring a passport may be involved. Topoical and expert specialties a plus.
This is a residential arrangement with the event resource manager living on-site with private entrance, room and bath. A portion of the taxable compensation is traded for lodging and utilities.
Weekly hours of work will range from 30+ depending on seasonal circumstances. This position is part administrative and part course development with opportunities for additional wages at higher rates with experience. Development and expansion of the SouthWoods intership program a priority. Compensation and work-trade commensurate with experience. Minimum six month commitment.
Proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs required witjh graphic and web design experience a plus. Permaculture design certification expected prior to or within eight months of employment. Proficiency in horticultural principles, biology, or environmental science. The individual must be well read and have the breadth and depth of knowledge to begin working immediatley with progressively less supervision.
Other Shared Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist and initiate management practices in all aspects of the landscape.
Keep records and journal of all activities.
Care for the household, facilities, buildings, appliances, machinery, outbuildings, living quarters, classroom, and property in general.
Cook, clean, and apply sustainable practices in daily operations of the household in all aspects of personal life.
Support and develop nutrient cycling systems, build natural capital, and increase energy conservation.
Interviews will be conducted until the position is filled.
See southwoodscenter.com for other information.
Interested individuals may send a cover letter with attached resume & 3 references to email@example.com
SouthWoods Forest Gardens
Spring Lake Township, Minnesota
Application for United Abundance Permaculture Installation Teams
Positions available for immediate placement:
- Full Time Summer Lead Operator / Installer- private lodging and bi-weekly pay provided.
- Two Week Minimum Intern- semi-private lodging with stipend based on proven abilities.
- Visiting Practitioner- fee based participation with camping, daily instruction, and assignments.
- Design and Project Assistant- Intensive project management, research, and design tasks.
Please submit three references with the application. All positions are intended for professional development and all applicants are expected to act and perform in a professional manner. Team members showing excellent craftsmanship, problem solving abilities, and work ethic will be considered for further placment.
- The use of heavy equipment and livestock prohibits children on the premises during working hours.
- The consumption of alcohol, smoking, and illicit drugs are prohibited.
- A valid drivers license and passport are recommended for international travel opportunities.
- Applicatnts may be required to take training prior to joining United Abundance teams.
- Propsective team members will be notiified of any additional site specific requirements.
- Teams members will be paid by the site manager or owner.